Sunday, January 11, 2009

home

in my life i have moved many times, having two families makes that very easy to do. from capitola, to santa cruz, to felton, to ben lomond, to scotts valley and now mount hermon, a total of eleven houses, but oddly most of them never felt like home. my house in felton, on cooper street, in that great neighborhood, was the closest to home i have ever felt. in may i moved once again, for the first time in over ten years, and it was then that i realized that home is not where you live but the company you keep. i find myself avoiding my "home" often, i would rather spend all my time at my "home away from home" or with the boy, because the company there is what makes me feel at home. like i am loved and it makes me content, so the lesson for today is that home does not have to be a huge house, or a little apartment, or a room you sleep in, it is the people you spend your time with that make your home.

1 comment:

  1. very true!
    Your home, is usually never your actual home.
    i hate calling my home .. home.
    i dont even spend half my time here.
    haha!

    ReplyDelete