Wednesday, May 6, 2009

past memories, and new realities

i have always had the motto, no regrets, just lessons learned, and i still to this day i stick to that. but even though i regret nothing i still miss a lot of things about my past. especially when i see certain people, or drive by them. i miss memories i had with people when i was young, and what great friends we were, and i hate that i still to this day do not know what happened to our friendship. i miss people, even though they hurt me, or broke my heart, i can't help but miss them, and on the inside i hope maybe one day I'll hear from them, cause maybe i still matter. but mostly i miss when everything made sense, and i knew where to go in life. now that I'm out of high school my life isn't as certain as it used to be. i used to know that i would just continue on in my journey of k-12, advancing to that next grade, from September to June, with summer following, and the cycle restarting once September came around again. and even though i spend some days missing the past and the people in it, i know that the people who are still in it aren't meant to be, and the ones who aren't obviously didn't want to be. so lesson learned, not only today, but all throughout life, keep your eyes ahead, because you cannot dwell on the past, you can only look to the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment