Saturday, February 7, 2009

new editions





when i was about nine or so, my kitten (well cat i guess then) peaches died of diabetes, and it was the worst thing i thought would ever happen to me (naive i know), but when your nine and your pet dies, its tragic. ever since that day i have wanted a pet, we have cats, but they aren't mine per say, they just live in the house with me. well in our last house we could only have 2 pets, and we have two cats, so i was eagerly waiting for one to die (that still has yet to happen...) and now in our new house, i wanted a kitten of my own so bad, but we still had 2 cats, so instead i go the next best thing, a hamster. now you see, i have been asking for a pet, specifically a kitten at first, then other assortments like fish and hamsters, for the past few months, and the answer was always no or maybe. well when my lovely birthday came along, i finally got my wish, i got to pick out a hamster :) with immense excitement we went to Pets Mart and i picked out my very own little hamster, a dwarf hamster to be exact. and after picking out my little girl, and getting all her supplies i headed home to put together her cage and give her food and everything (the cage was MUCH more difficult then you would ever expect!) and now i have an adorable little hamster (pictured above). well obviously with having a pet comes the responsibility to take care of the animal, that part is easy, she is low maintenance, just needs food water and to playing her little ball occasionally, but the catch is, their nocturnal, yes you heard me, nocturnal. so now accompanying my adorable little pet, is the obnoxious noise of her wheel going round and round (pictured in video above), constantly. which makes it quite hard to fall asleep, but despite the noise she is amazing and I'm a very proud parent. so welcome to the family nutter butter. we love you butt :)

No comments:

Post a Comment