Saturday, June 26, 2010

there is no place like home

its been a long ten months, and if someone were to tell me last august i would be packing up my life and moving it 1000 miles and two states away I'd have told them they were mistaken, but it is true indeed. After two weeks, lots of packing and a TON of driving i had managed to uproot myself from my everyday life to somewhere i knew nothing about with barely any people i knew. and while these past 10 months have been fun and I've met some AMAZING people, I'm ready to come home. they say home is where the heart is, and this is the truest statement i have heard in a long while; i left about a month ago for a week vacation, and quickly realized how much i longed to be home, and how this place that i live in is not my home, as much as i may have wanted it to be. And while i am not looking forward to saying goodbye to some of the greatest people out there, i am even more excited to return back to my normal life, where i know what to expect, have the luxury of seeing my favorite people everyday and get back to what makes sense. i have exactly 35 days in this place to enjoy with these amazing people and then its adios, and i couldn't me happier to see what will happen next :) Idaho you've done me well, but nothing compares to the California coast. I'll be visiting you soon..

No comments:

Post a Comment